Spotify is one of the most popular music services, providing legal access to a huge music catalog and the ability to track them online without purchasing them.
When you first launch Spotify, it shows a notification on Mac startup with the offer to open the app automatically. If you are one of the users who accepted the login option, and now do not know how to stop Spotify on startup. Then this article is for you.
How to stop Spotify from automatically starting on Mac? | Everything you should know
When you turn on your Mac, we’ll provide a step-by-step guide on how to prevent Spotify from running automatically. You can do this in many ways. We will provide all.
Also, check out How to fix an iPhone camera not working!
How to remove autostart from Spotify on Mac?
Mac OS has many user permissions, one of which requires Spotify for autostart functionality. When you first install Spotify, you should ask the popup if you want to boot it.
If you share your computer and someone else has prompted you to authorize startup functionality, you can turn it off.
- Open Spotify on your Mac, then select the down arrow in the top-right section, and then click “Settings”.
- Scroll down the Settings menu and click “SHOW ADVANCED SETTINGS”. To open more menu options.
- Scroll to the “Startup and Window Behavior” menu option. Select “No” next to “Automatically open Spot Spotify …” in the dropdown menu.
The next time you start your Mac, Spotify should not load, and it will not ask for a restart with your computer.
If it starts, do the above steps again. Sometimes, the OS fails to register the option, but it is no different from Microsoft Windows, often requiring multiple reboots to make changes. Now, you can open Spotify whenever you want during startup.
How to prevent Spotify from opening on startup on Windows 10?
- Open Spotify by double-clicking on the app icon on the system tray or select it from the Start menu.
- Select the menu in the top-left corner, and then choose Edit and Preferences.
- When you are on the Settings page, scroll all the way down, and choose ‘Show Advanced Settings.
- Now find startup and window behavior.)
- Now you see an option that automatically reads Open Spotify after logging into the computer, select ‘Do not drop’ from the dropdown box.
Also, Check out Is Revo Uninstaller Safe to Use?
Disable Spotify’s autostart on Mac & Windows through Task Manager
If you don’t dig through Spotify’s settings, you can also cut Spotify’s autostart behavior through Windows Task Manager. Task Manager has a built-in startup tab that lets you control which programs start from your PC.
To launch Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on the Windows taskbar or right-click and choose “Task Manager”. Click on the “Startup” tab. If you don’t see it, click “More Details” at the bottom of the window.
Look for the “Spotify” item in the list. Right-click it and click “Disable”. Spotify’s auto-status, displayed in the “Status” column here, will now be “disabled”. It will no longer launch at boot.
This way you won’t feel free to disable any other autostart program. Keep in mind that if you do this, programs will not be able to complete their background tasks – for example, if you disable Microsoft OneDrive on the Startup tab unless you manually launch OneDrive, It will not sign your files.