Have you ever encountered an original stuck on a downloading issue on your Windows? If yes, then you are at the right place. The start is a digital distribution platform developed by Genesis Electronic Arts (EA) which works as an online video game store.
The original client is developed for Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, etc. Needless to say that most PC users always face issues related to video games or issues related to gaming clients whether launching, updating, Connecting to servers, matchmaking, and more.
Fix “Origin Download Stuck on Resuming” Issue | Everything you should know!
Now, talking about the particular origin stuck on the issue of restarting the download, there are a lot of users who have reported this issue and it is not a new issue. Meanwhile, this is a very common issue for original client users.
Also, Check out How to View Deleted Reddit Post!
Therefore, we do not think that EA is going to fix this problem. However, fortunately, there are some improvements available that you should try once.
In terms of original store-based or client-based games, there are a lot of video games available on the original store such as Apex Legends, Star Wars, FIFA, Need for Speed, Plants vs. Zombies, Anthem, and more.
There may be a particular problem with any of your downloaded games while downloading or installing. Therefore, without further ado, jump to the steps below.
How to fix an Origin Download stuck on a resume?
Even after all the games are really popular and offer stunning gameplay, graphics quality, some errors or issues are annoying. However, if you are stuck on the issue of resuming the same original, then you should follow the following steps:
Cancel the download process to close only the original client. Now go to Task Manager and close all background running processes related to Apex Legends or Origin Launcher.
Then check your internet connectivity as well.
Next, you will have to relaunch the original client and resume the download.
Also, you can go to My Library and then right-click on the game and click Repair.
We are indeed very confident that any of these steps will work for you and that the origin that gets stuck on the resume can be resolved properly.
If in case, the problem persists, contact EA Support for additional assistance. You will have to keep visiting the blog for more information.
Ways to fix Origin Download Stuck on Resuming Issue:
- Restart the client
- Close the Genesis client.
- In Windows, right-click the empty area of the taskbar and choose Task Manager.
- On the Processes tab, make sure that no processes related to the root are running. If there is, right-click on these processes and choose End Task.
- Clear original cash files
- Exit the original customer.
- Navigate to the C: \ ProgramData \ Origin directory and delete all files and folders in this directory except LocalContent
- Navigate to the C: \ Users \ \ AppData \ Local directory and delete the parent folder under it.
- Navigate to the C: \ Users \ \ AppData \ Roaming directory and delete the parent folder under it.
- Also, Check out How to clear chat in Discord!
Add Origin to the exception list of antivirus.
If you have a firewall enabled, it is most likely blocked by the original firewall. So, you should add it to the exception list of antivirus software.
- Clean Boot Windows
- Press Windows key + R key on the keyboard to call run out
- In the run box, type “MSConfig” and open enter Open the system configuration
- Select Services tab, check to Hide All Microsoft Services, and then click Disable All.
- Select the Startup tab, and click on Open Task Manager
- On startup in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item, and then click Disable.
- Go back to the system configuration window and click
- Restart your pc.
Alternate Methods to Fix Origin Stuck on Resuming Issue:
- Disable all background programs on your system (including Steam). You can also do this with a clean boot
- Temporarily disconnect all other devices you don’t need from your network
- Use a wired connection
- Ensure that Genesis is accepted into your anti-virus and firewall
- You can try turning off the router firewall to help see
- Make sure there are ports to open:
TCP: 80; 443; 9960–9969; 1024–1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; Is 29900
UDP: 1024–1124; 18000; Is 29900
How to Fix”Origin Download Stuck on Resuming” Issue | The conclusion
Okay, it was all my friends! I hope that people like you are stuck on resuming this article and will find it useful for you. Give us your feedback on that.
Also, if you guys have other questions related to this article. Then let us know in the comment section below. We will get back to you shortly.